Reasons you have gone from peacefully asleep to being jolted awake an hour earlier than actually necessary, depriving you of the ability of going back to sleep before the actual appointed time of waking up:
- You have to pee the equivalent of three pees.
- The dark shadowy blob on the ceiling is, without a doubt, a ghost.
- The lovable but psychotic cat is tearing apart cardboard with his teeth. This is not a quiet sound
- Your mom is arriving today, and while you are introverted, anxious, and socially reclusive, you absolutely cannot feel anything but excitement about seeing your mom and having her spend a week with you.
- Your husband is leaving for a week, and you will miss having him around.
Banana, chocolate, and peanut butter are well acquainted with each other. It is the barley malt syrup that makes it irresistible, the reason the taste buds keep going back for just one more sip. The reason you are gathering what little remains in the bowl with a colorful, well-worn spatula and then shoveling into your mouth. The reason you are actually licking the bowl, to get just one more taste, one more moment of bliss amidst the mix of emotions churning inside your head.
3 frozen bananas
1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
3 tablespoons barley malt syrup
1/2 cup-3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
pinch of salt
Place all ingredients in blender (or use an immersion blender). Blend together. Pour in glass(es) and enjoy.