Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy


Add some homemade treats to your Easter basket this year! This candy has a smooth and creamy middle and is coated in a lovely, delicate chocolate. I have fond memories of eagerly awaiting the arrival of Easter each year, since that was the only occasion for which my mom would make these for my sister and me. Hope you enjoy these as much as I have!

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 ounces cream cheese
1 egg
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon peanut butter
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate wafers for coating (I use E. Guittard's 61% cacao semisweet wafers and love the results I get)

Instructions
With mixer, beat butter and cream cheese. Add egg, sugar, salt, and vanilla, and continue beating. Mix in peanut butter and beat until well combined. Chill batter for 1/2 hour. Form batter into egg shapes (or whatever shapes you want) and chill again for 1/2 hour. Melt chocolate, and coat peanut butter shapes with the chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...