Sunday, January 29, 2012

Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos


Super Bowl Recipe #4:  We love grilling.  Something about that mix of hot fire, cast iron grates, and charcoal is absolutely intoxicating.  Here we grill spicy green jalapenos stuffed with a blend of extra sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese and topped with a great smoky seasoning that ties it all together.  Until last weekend, we'd gone months without making these, and holy cow, they are even better than we remembered.  If you’re lucky enough to have grill weather this time of year, get out there and fire some of these up!  

Ingredients
8 jalapenos, halved, seeds and insides removed
1 cup finely grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
½ cup finely grated Monterey Jack cheese
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon coriander
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Instructions
Mix together cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.  In a small bowl, mix cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.  Pack each jalapeno with some cheese mixture (amount will vary based on the size of jalapeno).  Sprinkle each with a dash of the seasoning mix. 

Heat grill to medium or medium high.  These jalapenos aren’t picky about temperature; any grill that is hot will do.  Place stuffed jalapenos on the grill, close cover, and grill until cheese is all melted, between 2 and 5 minutes.

23 comments:

  1. these look so spicy and yummy. I love jalapenos. I just wish my husband did also. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was once like your husband. Then I got pregnant, and strangely started loving spice! Too bad that wouldn't work for him...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have peeked over all 4 of your super bowl recipes and I cannot decide which I like best. That pizza dip sounds amazing, but those wings look awfully good. And here are these wonderful peppers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I'm not into football (please don't throw things at me!), I want to make these...now! :D Jalapenos are so addictingly delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, i'm not into football either...i just like the food :)

      Delete
  5. I agree with Kristen, but I'm thinking people would be might upset if that pizza dip disappeared. Nice looking eats over here.
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing! I just made chili-rellanos the other night.. but I'd love to try something with jalapeños!. Thanks for sharing..

    www.onefavoredlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i bet the chili-rellanos were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these and the wings! Awesome, simple, easy but yum! Faithfully following you on Google Connect now! Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love jalapenos on the grill. We take it one step further, though. Place a Lil Smokie on it, then wrap with half a strip of bacon and then sprinkle on your favorite bbq rub! Talk about good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds delicious! we will definitely be trying that next time we grill :)

      Delete
    2. They're called Atomic Buffalo Turds (ABTs) in the barbecue world. Never met somebody who didn't like them. You can also play around with other peppers for different levels of heat. I used Anaheim before. I can tell you don't use habaneros!

      Delete
    3. Nice. We used to use Anaheims for Jenn before she developed her spice tolerance. We'll try out some ABTs next time we grill. Putting bbq sauce on grilled vegetables works better than I'd expect. I went to a bbq place recently that put bbq sauce on grilled artichokes, and it was great.

      Delete
  10. Yummy! I think my guy would love these. I love that these are grilled and not breaded. I'm adding these to our weekend bbq menu.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there. I was wondering whether you would like to link this in to Food on Friday: Chillies and other spicy stuff. This is the link. You did some time ago link in a great dish to Food on Friday: Cheese. I now realize that I haven't been following your blog. Sorry about that. I have signed up to follow now via Google Reader. It would be great if you followed Carole's Chatter back. Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry - forgot to put the link in - duh. This is the link .

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It’s hard to find a grill which can easily adjust even within a limited space like the balcony of an apartment https://bestgasgrillsdeals.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...