Thursday, February 2, 2012

Crunchy Lemon Dill Vegetable Dip


Super Bowl Recipe #5:  Vegetable dip may not be the sexiest of options on the table.  But it is the workhorse, a necessary counterpoint to the fun, heavy appetizers.  This dip is full of clean vegetal crunch with accents of dill and citrus.  

Ingredients 
1 ½ cups sour cream
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons chopped dill
2 scallions, minced
1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
2 carrots, minced
½ teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Instructions
After the ingredients are prepared, just mix everything together in a bowl.  Refrigerate.  Serve with vegetables, crackers, or whatever else you want.

9 comments:

  1. Great recipe! I love the "crunch" in this dip. I am always looking for recipes to satisfy my "salt tooth" that are fairly healthy. I think this would do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Now tell me how you make vegetables looks so good. Beautiful blog. I shall visit often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Piper! Thanks for stopping by! Your blog is beautiful as well!

      Delete
  3. I love all these lighter options I'm seeing for Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we definitely wanted a lighter, healthier option to go along with the heavier stuff

      Delete
  4. Yum, this dip sounds delicious! I love lemon and dill with veggies. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know what you mean - i just love how clean and fresh the lemon and dill are with the veggies. thanks for visitng us :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...